Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

After It Airs (TVD 10/13)

The Vampire Diaries
Season 3 Episode 5 - The Reckoning

Summary (courtesy of The CW Network): 
Despite all that has happened, Caroline is determined to see that Elena, Bonnie, Matt and Tyler all enjoy a traditional Senior Prank Night before the school year begins at Mystic Falls High School. However, when uninvited guests show up, it doesn't take long for the evening to take a deadly turn. Damon convinces Jeremy that he can use his new connection to the other side to help find a way to defeat Klaus. Finally, Klaus deepens his hold on Stefan and uses him for increasingly violent and dangerous purposes. John Behring directed the episode written by Michael Narducci.

My Side Note:
Whoa. This episode was auh-mazing. I mean, I am having a hard time deciding between Episode 3: The End of the Affair and this one. By far this has been the best season of The Vampire Diaries and we are only five episodes in! What are they going to do for mid-season! I am just blown away by this episode. So much happened! And here are tweets of a couple of my favorite TV recap writers that ring very similar to me:



Favorite Episode Recaps:
'The Vampire Diaries' recap: Humans can be heroes, too. With shirts on. - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
"I'm pretty much ready to declare Paul Wesley and Joseph Morgan the overall MVPs of the entire season and possibly the universe..." - Carina Adly MacKenzie

'The Vampire Diaries' Season 3, Episode 5 Recap (VIDEO) - AOLTV.com 

The Vampire Diaries: A Prank Night to Remember (PHOTO RECAP) - TV.com

The Vampire Diaries - Recap & Review - The Reckoning - TheTwoCents.com

The Vampire Diaries Episode Recap: "The Reckoning" - TVGuide.com

'Vampire Diaries' : What the Viewers Are Saying - HollywoodReporter.com

'The Vampire Diaries,' Season 3, Episode 5, 'The Reckoning': TV Recap - Wall Street Journal Speakeasy

The Vampire Diaries recap: "The Reckoning" changes everything! - SheKnows.com

Vampire Diaries - Stefan goes full-on Angelus - CliqueClack.com

Favorite Episode Quotes (WARNING: There are a lot...basically the whole script):
Bonnie: Hey, where are you going? / Elena: To superglue Alaric's desk shut. Making Memories.
Klaus: There's my girl. You're supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?
Damon: Stop being cute. / Katherine: It's not possible.
Rebekah: Consider me jealous.
Elena: You don't have to hurt anybody. / Klaus: Oh come on, love. Of course I do.
Tyler to Caroline: I think I love how big your heart is.
Rebekah: I'm the new girl.
Matt: Elena’s dating a vampire; you’re a witch; my sister’s a ghost; and I’m just a guy  wondering how life got so screwed up.
Elena: Where's Stefan? What did you do to him? / Klaus: Stefan's on a time out.
Klaus: I’d like you all to meet my sister, Rebekah. Word of warning: she can be quite mean. / Rebekah: Don't be an ass.
Damon: Stop with the teenybopper drama. Focus.
Caroline: Where’s Tyler? / Rebekah: He’s dead. Ish.
Rebekah: Why is that doppelganger bitch wearing my necklace?!
Klaus: Always nice to see a vampire in his true element. The species has become such a broody lot.
Klaus: I invited him to the party, love. He's the one dancing on the table.
Damon: Don’t fall asleep, Jer, you might have a concussion. / Jeremy: Thanks for the concern, dick.
Stefan: I’m a ripper. A ripper doesn’t stop!
Stefan: You know what? You’re right. You’re right. I owe you everything. Because through all of this you are the one thing that has kept me from giving up, from turning it all off. But I can’t help what I am, Elena. The more blood that I get, the more I want. And if I get so much as near yours, you are dead!
Rebekah: Tick tock goes the gym clock.
Bonnie to Matt: As soon as you’re feeling better, I’m going to kill you.
Klaus: Given the choice, doppelganger or hybrid, I go hybrid every time.
Klaus to Stefan: Turn. It. Off. / Elena: No!!!! / Klaus (compulsion): TURN IT OFF! / Elena: What did you do? / Klaus: I fixed him. 
Tyler: Everything’s just better.
Elena: Where were you Damon? / Damon: I shouldn’t have left. I promise you, I will never leave you again.
Stefan: Well, isn’t this cozy? / Damon: What’re you doing here, brother? / Stefan: Last I checked, I live here. Klaus is gone. But he’s asked me to keep a watch on you until he returns. From now on, you’re under my protection. By all means, carry on.

Episode Music (in order of appearance):
TV On The Radio - "Will Do"
Telekinesis - "Please Ask For Help"
Ida Maria - "10,000 Lovers"
Shady Bard - "Torch Song"

Episode Promo Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment