Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

After It Airs (SPN 10/14)

Supernatural
Season 7 Episode 4 -  Defending Your Life

Summary (courtesy of The CW Network):
Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) investigate a string of gruesome murders and discover the Egyptian god Osiris (guest star Faran Tahir) is behind the deaths. The vengeful god is putting people on trial for their past mistakes and killing them if found guilty. Osiris hones in on Dean's guilt and decides he's the next to stand trial. Sam steps in as Dean's lawyer, but both brothers are unprepared when Osiris calls an unexpected witness – Jo (guest star Alona Tal). Robert Singer directed the episode written by Adam Glass.

My Side Note:
Can I just say that I liked this episode overall, even if it did seem like Dean got off kind of easy at the end. Though the comedic episodes are my absolute fave, I do like the serious episodes too. 'I mean the best parts are when the cry.' And for realz, those flashbacks killed me. I got tears every time on popped up. Especially the old scenes between Dean and Jo. It just makes me think how long I've been with this show. I've basically grown up with this show (at least through my high school and college life) and have loved every minute of it. I don't know what I will do when my boys aren't on TV anymore. Thank God for DVD boxed sets. But enough of that terrible talk...moving on. Can I just say that I love how much they incorporate Michigan on this show! Having been born and raised in Michigan, I love the love this state gets. This episode was set in Dearborn, Michigan, other Michigan mentions include Saginaw, Lansing, East Lansing, Michigan State University, Ypsilanti, maybe others but that's what I could recall. Makes me love this show even more, as a Michigan State University graduate ;)

Favorite Episode Recaps:
'Supernatural' Recap: The Trial of Dean Winchester - BuddyTV.com 

Supernatural: "Defending Your Life" Review - IGN.com

Supernatural Episode Recap: "Defending Your Life" - TVGuide.com

Supernatural Review: Episode 7.04 "Defending Your Life" - TVOvermind.com

Favorite Episode Quotes:
Detective: Welcome to Crazy Town, population one dead guy.
Dean: Dead and sober: double crappy.
Dean: Wait a second, do dogs even have ghosts? That sounds weird. Ghost dog.
Dean: It's been a while, but you owe yourself. It's nothing but a ground ball, you just gotta put your mitt down. You are Dean Winchester. This is what you do.
Sam: Objection. Witness being called without prior notice. / Dean: Good one. /  Sam: I saw that on The Good Wife."
Dean: Enough Ally McBealing, just drop the hammer, will ya?
Bobby: I say we slap that band-aid on and leave finding a cure to some Hunter in a space suit.
Dean: I am 90 percent crap. I get rid of that, what then?
Dean: I get why Judge Judy put me on trial, I’ve got guilt coming out of my pores, but why’d he skip you?

Episode Promo Trailer:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment