Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

After It Airs (TVD 9/29)

The Vampire Diaries
Season 3 Episode 3 - The End of the Affair

Summary (courtesy of The CW Network): 
Klaus and Stefan arrive in Chicago, where Stefan is reunited with a vampire (guest star Claire Holt, "Pretty Little Liars") who hasn't really moved on from her interest in him decades earlier. In a flashback to Chicago in the 1920s, Stefan comes face-to-face with a shocking chapter from his wild past. After Damon gets a tip on Stefan and Klaus' whereabouts from an unexpected source, he and Elena follow their trail. Back in Mystic Falls, Tyler is concerned about Caroline and turns to Sheriff Forbes (guest star Marguerite MacIntyre) for help. Chris Grismer directed the episode written by Caroline Dries.

Episode MVP: 
THE WRITER/DIRECTOR COMBO! This was a fabulous episode all around for all characters. The story was fantastic! (Picture me saying "Fantastic" in that amazing Joseph Morgan-y accent).  The episode gathered 2.70 million viewers and rose to a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating, up 8% from last week.

 
Favorite Episode Recaps:
The Vampire Diaries: Tommy Guns and Family Splatters (PHOTO RECAP) - TV.com

'The Vampire Diaries' recap: Roaring and ripping through the unlikeliest brotherhood - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

'The Vampire Diaries' Season 3, Episode 3 Recap - AOLTV.com

The Vampire Diaries Episode Recap: "The End of the Affair" - TVGuide.com

The Vampire Diaries "The End of the Affair": The Good, the Bad, and the Bloody - BUZZSUGAR

Favorite Episode Quotes: 
Katherine: What have I missed? / Damon: Well, Stefan’s still Klaus’ little prisoner and Elena still thinks she can save him and no one’s thought about you since you left.
Elena: He’s in Chicago? How do you know? / Damon: Came to me in a dream. I was naked. You would have loved it. Start packing.
Damon: Is he okay? Well, let’s just say he’s not there to meet Oprah. Ooh…put these in the “yes” pile.
Damon: I’m shocked! Stefan’s not a virgin?
Gloria: You gotta be kidding me. / Klaus: So. A hybrid walks into a bar and says to the… / Gloria: Stop. You may be invincible but that doesn’t make you funny.  
Damon: Stefan was a cocky ripper douche...
Klaus: So this is the famous Stefan Salvatore I’ve been hearing so much about. You’re right. He does have funny hair.  
Klaus to Stefan: I was your number one fan. 
Damon to Elena: Get dressed. You’re all road trippy and gross.
Stefan: So confused. If we were such great friends, why do I only know you as the Hybrid dick that sacrificed my girlfriend on an altar fire?
Klaus: I see they’ve opened the doors to the riff-raff, now. / Damon: Oh, honey, I’ve been called worse.
Tyler to Caroline: Would now be a bad time to give you crap about sneaking out on me?

Episode Music (in order of appearance):
Gloria's 1920s Band - "St. James Infirmary" 
Christina Perri - "Distance"
Ume - "Run Wild"
Gloria's 1920s Band - "My Sweet Hunk O' Trash"
Pink Frost - "You Should Know"
Snake! Snake! Snakes! - "We Come Out At Night"
The Elliots - "Blood Ball"
Nerves Junior - "Kale"
Birdy - "Shelter" (The xx cover)


GetGlue Sticker:
And check out this week's sticker!! I was so happy to get it, I ended up getting four by asking my friends to check in for the episode too :)



 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment