Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

I Can't Wait For...Underworld: Awakening

As you probably already know by now, considering my TV and movie-viewing habits, I do like Sci-Fi. I especially like Vampire/Werewolf/Supernaturaly Sci-Fi.  Examples include: Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Twilight (so sue me, I love the books okay! and the last movie wasn't so bad) and Underworld. No not Blade...I do not like Wesley Snipes.

All that being said, I am pretty pumped about the fourth installment in the Underworld Saga - Underworld: Awakening.

Background information:
Underworld (2003): Selene (Kate Beckinsale), a beautiful vampire warrior, is entrenched in a war between the vampire and werewolf (known as Lycans in the movie) races. When she comes across Michael Corvin (Scott Speedman) who holds the key to end the war she must decide where her allegiances will lie.

Underworld: Evolution (2006): Beginning where Underworld finished, Selene and Michael (now a lycan-vampire hybrid) are on the run from the vampires. The film goes back to the beginnings of the ancient feud between the two tribes the lovers try to unlock the secrets of their bloodlines.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009): This film is a prequel to the previous two films and is centered on the centuries-old blood feud between the aristocratic vampires and their Lycan slaves.

Now for the main event!

Underworld: Awakening (January 20, 2012): Selene wakes up after 12 years and escapes imprisonment to find herself in a world where humans have discovered the existence of both Vampire and Lycan clans, and are conducting an all-out war to eradicate both immortal species.

Extra things you may need to know about the movie:
-IT WILL BE RELEASED IN 3D | That should come as a surprise to no one considering almost everything is being released in 3D these days.
-SCOTT SPEEDMAN IS RUMORED TO RETURN AS MICHAEL | When I first heard the this movie was coming out, the first thing I checked for if Speedman would be returning, and to my dismay, IMDB did not have him listed and I couldn't find any news on it anywhere online. But, as you will see in the trailer, Selene asks about Michael, and BOOM! Scott Speedman is rumored to be in the film on IMDB. Though I rumor is not a confirmation, I am happy about it. 
-TRIVIA: The movie was originally titled Underworld: New Dawn, but they thought that was too close to The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn.
***SPOILER***STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO RUIN ANYTHING FOR YOU!
-This spring on Twitter there was news about Selene having a daughter named Eve (as confirmed on IMDB and other movie news sites)
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment