Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

After It Airs (TVD 4/26)

The Vampire Diaries
Season 3 Episode 20 - Do Not Go Gentle

Summary: 
Alaric finds an unexpected ally to guide him on his dangerous new path, while Damon and Meredith (guest star Torrey Devitto) try to figure out what their next move should be. At the school's 1920s Decade Dance, Bonnie asks Jamie (guest star Robert Ri'chard) to go with her and, at Caroline's suggestion, Elena asks Stefan to be her date. Caroline is pleasantly surprised when Tyler shows up at the dance determined to sweep her off her feet, but Klaus does his best to come between them. The dance takes a deadly turn when Damon and Stefan realize they need the help of Matt, Jeremy and especially Bonnie to undo a spell that could prove devastating for everyone. Josh Butler directed the episode written by Michael Narducci.

Favorite Episode Recaps:
The Vampire Diaries: Flapper Keeper (PHOTO RECAP) - TV.com

'The Vampire Diaries' recap: What makes him a man is in the midst of battle, he does not lose himself - Zap2it

'The Vampire Diaries' Recap: A Devastating Goodbye - HuffPost TV

'Vampire Diaries' shocker: Who sobbed? - EW.com

'The Vampire Diaries' Recap: Of Dying and Dances" - BuddyTV

The Vampire Diaries Recap of Season 3, Episode 20, "Do Not Go Gentle": A Whole New Man - Wetpaint

Review of THE VAMPIRE DIARIES - 'Do Not Go Gentle' - The TV Watchtower

Favorite Episode Quotes:
Caroline: Look at them, all bromance-y.
Caroline: I’ve watched The Bachelor! Fair is fair. It is Stefan’s turn.
Damon: Alaric. You remember him, right. About 6-foot-2, tried to hack you into pieces.
Stefan: Given our dangerous dance karma, you sure you’re up for this? / Elena: Getting out of bed is dangerous these days.
Caroline: What are you doing here? If Klaus sees you... / Tyler: What’s he gonna do? Draw you another picture?
Caroline: You do not need to be jealous of Klaus! / Tyler: I am jealous. But I’m also competitive.
Stefan: I blacked out for most of this decade. Remember?
Jamie: The ex boyfriend? / Bonnie: Yeah. / Jamie: That’s not awkward at all.
Damon: Sorry to spoil your 7 minutes in heaven. We have a problem.
Klaus: One dance. I won't bite. 
Caroline: Why do you always have to prove you’re the alpha male? / Klaus: I don’t have to prove anything, love. I am the alpha male.
Klaus: You mark my words: Small town boy. Small town world. It won’t be enough for you.
Klaus: Work your magic, witch. Or I’ll start killing people you fancy.
Klaus: The Salvatores and their unshakable bond. I only wonder what will happen when Elena finally makes her choice. Will we see you shake? Just a little bit?
Damon: I offered to snap his neck, put him out of his misery. But he didn’t take me up on it. / Meredith: You seem surprised. / Damon: You just think a guy so used to dying wouldn’t want to drag it out.
Damon: Apparently, my choices have been a little controversial lately.
Alaric: Is this the part where you give me a dream with rainbows and rolling green hills? / Damon: I was drunk when I told you that. / Alaric: Yeah and I told you I’d use it against you. / Damon: Damn you.
Damon: Sorry I killed you. Twice.
Damon: Drink. / Alaric: Actually I’ve been thinking about cutting back.

Episode Music:
Blind Pilot - "We Are The Tide"
Caro Emerald - "That Man"
Sinead O'Connor - "You Do Something To Me"
Helen Forrest - "The Man I Love"
The Fray - "Be Still"
Daughter - "Medicine"

Episode Promo Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment