Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Movie of the Month...Titanic

I was ecstatic when I learned the were re-releasing Titanic in 3D in theaters.  I saw the movie in theaters 15 years ago when it was first released, but could not wait to see it again. There is just something more special about seeing a film in a dark theater on that big screen. It is one of my favorite movies, and I was more than happy to pay the extra bucks to see it in 3D.

If you are like me and own both the VHS version of the movie (two separate tapes!! haha) and the Three-Disc Special Collector's Edition we should definitely be friends.


Winner of 11 Academy Awards, including Best Picture, is not too shabby that's for sure. And what?! Bill Paxton?! I love Bill Paxton. As you may have gathered reading some of my other blog posts. But lets be real. Leonardo DiCaprio looks like a frigging angel in this movie. You know you had a poster of him on your wall too. Kate Winslet is definitely one of my top 3 favorite actresses.

So if you're not familiar with the movie (which would be a darn shame) the synopsis goes like this:

Titanic is a 1997 epic romance (epic is right) and disaster film directed, written, co-produced, and co-edited by James Cameron (dude knows his stuff-basically a one-man show). A fictionalized account of the sinking of the RMS Titanic, it stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson, Kate Winslet as Rose DeWitt Bukater and Billy Zane as Rose's fiancé, Cal Hockley. Jack and Rose are members of different social classes who fall in love aboard the ship during its ill-fated maiden voyage.

Raise your hand if you have - or are going to - see Titanic 3D too! The film re-released on April 6, 2012 to commemorate the centenary of the Titanic setting sail. Thank you Paramount Pictures for making me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment