Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Movie of the Month...Atonement

Okay, I don't know if I'm going to do this every week, but I just thought...why not give it a try.

I've been making a list of movies I want to catch-up on or re-watch again, as my DVD collection has grown rather large and some of these movies are gathering quite a bit of dust.

Focus Features
I thought to myself today, that it has been so long since I've watched ATONEMENT.

Based on the British romance novel by Ian McEwan and starring Keira Knightley, James McAvoy, Saoirse Ronan, and many others, the movie was nominated for seven Academy Awards in 2007, including Best Picture, and won the Oscar for Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score - which I agree was completely well-deserved, as the music was phenomenal.

The movie is about a young writer Briony Tallis (Ronan) who irrevocably changes the course of several lives when she accuses her older sister's lover of a crime he did not commit.

Oh my goodness. I don't think I have ever cried harder in a movie. I think I cried harder watching it today, than I did the very first time I watched it. I absolutely love Joe Wright, the director of the film, who also directed my all-time favorite movie, PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. The music, as I said is fantastic, and the actors do a phenomenal job playing such emotional roles. This movie is absolutely a must-see. But just make sure you have a box of tissues nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment