Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Can't Wait For...Anna Karenina

I was working at the video store yesterday and decided I wanted to take home The Young Victoria to watch again, since I absolutely love historical/period romance movies.  Then, of course I started thinking of Pride and Prejudice, because as I said countless times before, it is my all-time favorite movie and love story.  So that then led me to check out what other movies Keira Knightley was working on.

Knightley, Wright, Macfadyen

To my pleasant surprise I discovered that she, Matthew Macfadyen (Mr. Darcy in P&P) and Joe Wright (Director of P&P) would be working together on Anna Karenina.  Yippee! Sadly, Keira and Matthew will be playing brother and sister this time (but hopefully that means a lot of scenes together).  Joining my favorite team will be Saoirse Ronan, who - as I mentioned in my "Movie of the Week" post - starred in Atonement with Keira.  More cast includes Domhnall Gleeson (Bill Weasley from the Harry Potter movies) and Jude Law.

The movie of course is based off the novel by Leo Tolstoy in which Anna is trapped in a loveless marriage and looks for a better life, but finds only a more complicated one.

Filming of the movie will start in September of this year, and the movie has yet to have a release date except for "sometime in" 2012.  I will be waiting on pins and needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment