Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Working at the Video Store

So for a few months this summer I will be earning a little extra money working at a local privately owned video store.  The perks of this job are that I am around what I love most...movies and television shows.  So of course I always take home a few here and there to keep me busy while I live in my apartment alone these last few month (Side note: my roommate is living in Washington D.C. for 6 weeks for an internship).

Anyway, my past few rentals have included: The Eagle, Gnomeo and Juliet, and [an oldy] Freaks and Geeks.

The Eagle: In Roman-ruled Britain, a young Roman soldier (Channing Tatum) endeavors to honor his father's memory by finding his lost legion's golden emblem.

Sadly, I didn't enjoy this movie as much as I thought I would. I love period/past movies, but there was absolutely no romance in the movie.

Gnomeo and Juliet: A retelling of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, in a never-before done twist.

Freaks and Geeks 1999
I loved this movie! So adorable. And I love the fact that despite it's G-rating, animated movies always add in that bit of adult-humor that only adults would get.

Freaks and Geeks: A television show about two unique groups of teenagers dealing with life in a Michigan high school during the 80's.

Have not started this yet, so I have no thoughts on it, but I am really "geeked" about watching it, as it takes place in my home state and has my current crush, James Franco, in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment