Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

After It Airs (TVD 3/15)

The Vampire Diaries
Season 3 Episode 16 - 1912

Summary (courtesy of The CW):  
The present-day murders in Mystic Falls remind Damon of a similar crime spree a century earlier. In flashbacks to 1912, Damon recalls a beautiful vampire, Sage (guest star Cassidy Freeman), who showed him a whole new way to exist. Sheriff Forbes warns Damon not to get involved in her investigation, but Damon is convinced she's going after the wrong suspect. Elena and Matt resort to breaking and entering in their search for evidence to prove Dr. Fell (guest star Torrey Devitto) is a murderer. For reasons known only to her, Rebekah (guest star Claire Holt), becomes interested in locating one of the town's oldest landmarks. Finally, Elena comes to a new understanding of the path her life has taken, and Damon makes an emotional confession to Stefan. John Behring directed the episode written by Julie Plec & Elisabeth R. Finch.

Favorite Episode Recaps:
The Vampire Diaries: Friend-Slash-Enemy (PHOTO RECAP) - TV.com 

'The Vampire Diaries' Recap: The Killer Is Revealed! - HuffPostTV

'The Vampire Diaries' recap: In which Alaric is his own worst enemy and 1912 is a good year for the roses - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

The Vampire Diaries Episode Recap: "1912" - TVGuide

'The Vampire Diaries' recap: The Pleasure Principle - EW.com

'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 3.16 Recap: One Ring to Kill Them All - BuddyTV

Favorite Episode Quotes:
Matt: You're gonna make me run more, aren't you?
Damon: I guess I could rip out Dr. False Accusations throat. Maybe her tongue. You know, I could chew it up into little, tiny pieces and feed her to the squirrels.
Damon: Her and her mom must be really hurting right now. Should I send lasagna?
Damon: I’m mean. You hate me. The Earth is back on its axis.
Damon: Dear Diary, A chipmunk asked me my name today. I told him it was Joe. That lie will haunt me forever.
Damon: I know we don’t actually ‘hang out.’ We team up. Join forces. Activate our Wonder Twin powers...
Damon: Have you been eating the relatives again?
Stefan: I see you’re still mad at me. / Damon: Why would I still be mad at you, Stefan? You make me become a vampire, and now I walk the world alone, drinking other people’s blood.
Stefan: Ah! I get it, I get it... You’re bored. Your best friend’s in jail and you don’t have anything better to do with yourself.
Damon: Quitting blood cold-turkey after a ripper binge, probably not the best approach. Every time you play that all-or-nothing game, you eventually leave a trail of bodies. So I’m thinking now’s a good time to pay our old friend Moderation a visit.
Damon: Ooh. She-devil. Nine o’clock.
Damon: If you want more sex, just ask for it. / Rebekah: Not enough liquor in the world...
Meredith: You date vampires, Elena. It shouldn’t come as a shock to you that your guardian is a murderer.
Rebekah: Why are you so grumpy? / Damon: He’s on a master cleanse. Trying to be a better man and all. / Rebekah: You know, you were a lot more fun in the ‘20s.
Stefan: Okay. I’m freaking out. I’m ready to eat the whole wait staff. Why do you need to hear me say it?
Sage: A woman isn’t just for food. She’s for pleasure.
Damon: I got it from here. Go ahead. / Rebekah: But the night’s just getting started! / Damon: Scram. No one likes a lurker. / Rebekah: You’re a real ass! / Damon: So I’m told.
Damon: So... That’s gonna take a little time.
Matt: Sometimes it pays to be the only normal one in a town of vampires. I’m practically invisible.
Damon: Uh-uh. None of that! No more no-humanity Stefan. There’s a road called ‘recovery,’ and we are on it.

Episode Music (in order of appearance):
Gary Clark Jr. - "Don't Owe You A Thang"
Gods of Macho - "Let's Dance"
Black Daniel - "Snakeskin Heart"
Magic Wands - "Black Magic"
The Features - "How It Starts"
Aidan Hawken - "The Argument"
Foy Vance - "Be The Song"

Episode Promo Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment